Friday 13 August 2010

Back to Bassike

Every morning I pull on a pair of sweatpants team it with a casual top and head downstairs to fix my daughter's breakfast. I can't even begin to consider what I might wear that day until the children have been fed and watered. You could say that sweatpants are my front line combat uniform for all messy meal times, they are also super stretchy essential when my daughter and son demand I be in two places at once. But this does not mean I have overthrown style for comfort. Sweatpants have come a long way from what was once only worn inside a gym.

Which is why I adore the Australian eco label Bassike (pronounced "basic"). Designers Deborah Sams and Mary Lou Ryan create clothes that offer easy-chic with a twist. http://www.bassike.com/about/about.html. I own these cotton-jersey pants in grey. I adore them so much that this evening I ordered a pair in black.



1. Net-a-porter, Bassike light-gray organic cotton-jersey pants. £130
2.
Net-a-porter, Bassikie black organic cotton-jersey pants. £130

Check out the gorgeous Givenchy and Louboutin heels. Unfortunately they are not conducive to running around after a toddler. For that I wear Havaianas, which are far more practical and affordable and there are so many wonderful colours to choose from it makes me want a pair in every colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment