Thursday 5 August 2010

Dotty about Stripes

While pregnant I vowed that this time I would dress my newborn in white babygrows at least for the first few months. It seemed the most sensible thing to do, he’s just going to be feeding and sleeping anyway.

I should have known that like my past New Year's resolutions I was never going to stick to this and as a mother who loves fashion who could resist these striped outfits by Jojo Mamen Bebe and Gapkids

.
1. Jojo Mamen Bebe, organic striped bodies £10.00
2.
Jojo Mamen Bebe, organic striped sleepsuit £14.00


3. Gapkids, striped bodysuit. £12.50

My favourite children's clothes store in Tunbridge Wells is Gapkids, Westfield Royal Victoria Place. They change their stock every three months and have great sales. I would love it if they stocked the Stella McCartney's GapKids collection as well but you have to head over to Bluewaters for that.


4. Gapkids, reversible trousers 0-3months trousers. £8.00


5. Gapkids, striped trousers 0-3 months £8.00

Other stores worth mentioning are: The White Company, a new addition to the High Street (I brought some fabulous pyjamas for my daughter). And the Childrensalon, no.9 High Street, which sells designer children's fashion: Guess, Dior, Burberry as well as toys including my daughter's favourites: wooden fruits and vegetables and wooden jewellery. But while I can easily justify a Burberry mac for myself I refuse to spend £70 on a Burberry babygrow that will last just two months. Seven babygrows = £490.00. For that I could buy myself this Vanessa Bruno, Crepe de Chine silk jumpsuit and still have change for a latte and a slice of carrot cake!


6. Net-a-porter, Vanessa Bruno, Crepe de Chine silk jumpsuit . £360


No comments:

Post a Comment