Wednesday 21 July 2010

My favourite clothing store in Tunbridge Wells.



CHANGING ROOM, No. 8 High Street, Tunbridge Wells.


Changing Room is owned by husband and wife team, Nick and Carol. They've owned it for a 26 years yet it still manages to look like it could have been opened yesterday. It has a very fresh contemporary feel and stocks the latest high end designer fashion. Collections from the likes of Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Marni, Dries Van Noten, Marlene Birger to name but a few.



I've had my eye on these sandals for ages, every time I walked past the shop I had to stop to have a peak. I actually went in a week after giving birth to try them on but I was unable to squeeze my trotters into a size 6 and I'm actually size 5 sometimes even a 4. I had to accept defeat and leave. But I've always been someone who believes that perseverance is the key in achieving ones goal and so yesterday I had another go. Result. They fit.



Dilemma. Just received a reminder email from Net-a-porter. "Sale. Final Reduction - DON'T MISS OUT!" Panic. These Miu Miu sandals are on my wish list.

Miu Miu Patent-leather gladiator sandals. Was £375 Now £112.50

What shall I do? Can I justify another NAP splurge when I've just brought the Chloe pair? But my red gladiators (Balenciaga) the ones I've had for several years have just about had it. What to do? If I walk away now will I live to regret it?



My old Balenciaga red braided leather gladiator sandals

1 comment:

  1. Wew, the couple make a nice team if that's the case! It's good to give a store a fresh vibe 'coz people will always see it as a newly-opened shop, just like you did. Anyway, the sandals you bought back then suit your feet. Are you still using them?


    Dwayne Pech

    ReplyDelete