Saturday 24 July 2010

Lemlem to the rescue


Net-a-porter Lem Lem Nika woven cotton-blend wrap. Was £50 Now £35

I was having coffee in Juliets with my hubby and the kiddies, rocking my new Chloe gingham blouse and feeling rather proud of myself having successfully breastfed Hunter in public for the first time. Then I looked down and to my horror the other breast had leaked and my new blouse was soaked through. My milk had not only seeped through the maternity bra but through the breast pads as well! I remember this happening quite a lot with Rain, which is one of the reasons to love a good scarf. I found this Lemlem on, you guessed it, the NAP site at a bargain price of £35.



As you can see this scarf is multi-functional, not only does it act as a great breastfeeding shield but a sun shade too, here it is drapped over my Phil & Ted. And of course, this summery scarf is perfect to dress up an outfit, which is why I had to buy another.

Net-a-porter Lem Lem Omo cotton-blend scarf. Was £110 Now £44



Liya Kebede the woman behind the Lemlem scarves is a beautiful Ethopian supermodel and mum. She launched Lemlem in 2007 (Lemlem means "to bloom" or "to flourish" in Amharic). All her scarves are hand woven and hand embroidered in Ethopia. She also has a clothing line for children, which I've yet to check out.

Recently came across the mamascarf. I haven't got one myself but looks interesting. Possibly worth a purchase.
http://http://www.mamascarf.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. oooh i love those scarves - i might not have a baby to hide him under but they are gorgeous... v nice indeed x

    ReplyDelete