Saturday 11 September 2010

Evening out at Thackeray's

Leaving the house after 7pm is a rare treat and aside from a night out at the cinema to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World last Friday evening, which incidentally I loved the last time I was out after dark was back in February for a Valentines meal. My husband booked us a table in one of the private rooms at Thackeray's; a Michelin star restaurant in Tunbridge Wells (85 London Road. Tel. 01892 511921). OMG! WOW! And all the other mind-blowing abbreviations you can think off. The food was sublime, the service excellent and I loved the broad mix of cool contemporary furniture in a historic c.1660 building. When my husband said he had booked us a table there for my birthday I couldn't wait for my third night out of the year. I wore my new Sass & Bide Black Rats leggings, my black Armani strappy sandels (last worn on my wedding day two years ago), my peach Marlene Birger blouse and my 'Foxy' cardigan.



Thackeray's occupies a Grade II listed c.1660 building, and once the home of 19th century writer and satirist William Makepeace Thackeray, author of Vanity Fair, well worth a read.

For starter I had a beautifully presented Rabbit and Ham Ballontine, oh my giddy heart, Pea and Mint Mousse, Poached Quails Eggs, Celeriac Remoulade, Home Made Picalilli For my main I plumped for the Fillet of South Coast Brill with Roasted Mallaig Langoustine washed down with a couple of glasses of Mercier Rosé, Epernay. My husband opted for the Pan Fried 'Diver Caught' Scallops followed by Roast Herb Crusted Fillet of 28 day Hung 'Herefordshire' Beef. Makes my mouth water just typing this.

I can definitely recommend Thackeray's if you're looking for somewhere special. http://www.thackerays-restaurant.co.uk. I haven't lunched there yet but I believe they are reasonably child friendly with one high-chair to squabble over! No child changing area though. But really I'd say this is a place for the adults to indulge. Can't wait to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment