Sunday 19 September 2010

This Season's Sweater

Keeping up a blog with a newborn in the house was never going to be easy but this week has been particularly challenging. Still I did manage to have a quick peruse on the Net-a-porter site and subsequently found these sweaters to drool over.




1. Net-a-porter, Rocha Emerald-green with gold elbow patch wool sweater. £505
2. Net-a-porter, Chinti and Parker oatmeal with gray elbow patch cashmere sweater. £285


I'm really loving this look. I adore the Rocha sweater but at £505 I know I can't have it. If only right. I'm holding out on the slim chance I might find something similar on the High Street. I am also toying with the idea of purchasing a regular sweater and adding my own elbow patches. Just need to brush up on my sewing skills or better still get Retoucherie (4 London Rd, Tunbridge Wells) to add them on for me.


3. Net-a-porter, Tory Burch, black 'Divine' logo cashmere sweater. £285
4. Net-a-porter, Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, beige Cashmere sweater with red heart at front.£300

I have adored bold logo sweaters from a far but I really think this Tory Burch sweater is... well divine. Also Sonia Rykiel's heart sweater is rather cute and sorely tempting.


5. Net-a-porter, Bella Freud, dog mohair-blend signature dog intarsia sweater. £220
6.Net-a-porter, Etoile Isabel Marant striped wool-blend sweater £205


I'm already a proud owner of a Bella Freud pink and black striped merino wool sweater but I am loving this mohair-blend sweater. I don't own a mohair-blend sweater so not sure how it will wear or if it will irritate so I did a little research. Mohair blends are:
Lustrous and silky.
Lightweight but exceptionally durable.
Drapes well.
Non-crushing, non-matting, non-pilling.
Absorbs dye well.
Does not stretch so it's easy to care for.

I am SOLD. It's gone straight on my wish list. I'm also keen on the Etoile Isabel Marant sweater, which I've seen featured in a lot of magazines. I've also seen this same sweater in Changing Rooms, 8 High Street, Tunbridge Wells. Oh decisions, decisons...

To be honest if I had my way and deep pockets I'd be buying all six!

3 comments:

  1. Have a look at Zara! They have them! I bought a similar one in white in a shop called Osho which is from the same group as Zara. £30!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just made my evening. Went straight onto Zara's website and came across the brown wool jumper with leather patches £59 or i could get it in black...decisions... decisions.. Mind you they only have it in medium... Slightly baggier could work. Thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading your blog for the first time and we have a grey cardigan with black suede elbow patches at Minimaya you might like. Loving the blog
    Cath

    ReplyDelete